Monday, April 3, 2017

Danny Elfman, Prophet

I recently heard this song for the first time since Donny T took the national stage. I don't know if it's aimed more at Trump or Pence, but boy, does this feel prescient for me ... sorry I can't add the 3-piece marimba section here without the DMCA police busting my ass.

Insanity - Oingo Boingo


I am the virus, are you the cure?
I am a disease and I am unclean
I am not part of God's well oiled machine
Christian nation, assimilate me
Take me in your arms and set me free
I am part of a degenerate elite
Dragging our society into the street -yeah-
Into the abyss and to the sewer don't you see
The man just told me, he told me on TV

And the alcoholic bastard waved his finger at me
And his voice was filled with evangelical glee
Sipping down his gin & tonics
While preaching about the evils of narcotics
And the evils of sex, and the wages of sin
While he mentally fondles his next of kin

Do you think you're better than me?
Do you want to kill me, or befriend me?

Christian sons, Christian daughters
Lead me along like a lamb to the slaughter
Purify my brain and hose down my soul
White perfection, perfection is my goal

Christian nation, make us alright
Put us through the filter and make us pure and white 'cause
My mind has wandered away from me
And the flock has wandered, away from me

Let's talk of family values while we sit and watch the slaughter
Hypothetical abortions on imaginary daughters
The white folks think they're at the top, ask any proud white male chump
A million years of evolution, we get Danny Quayle Donny Trump

No comments:

Post a Comment